Floor tiling can make or break the design of your room. With so many different tiles to choose from, choosing your new floor tiling can be overwhelming. However, one tile style that will suit any room, in any home, of any size, is the timber effect tile. Available in both porcelain and ceramic, timber effect floor tiles are practical too. Here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s favourite tiling experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to the advantages of timber effect floor tiles.
Why timber effect?
With wooden flooring remaining a popular option throughout homes, timber effect floor tiles are also rising in popularity. It seems that the appearance of wooden floors appeals to all homes. This is no doubt because of it’s adaptability, suiting any style of home. But why opt for timber effect tiles, rather than wooden or laminate flooring?
Advantages of timber effect floor tiles:
- Waterproof and stain resistant- Unlike real wooden flooring, your timber effect floor tiles will be fully waterproof (if laid with waterproof grout) and stain resistant. This makes them the perfect option for kitchens and bathrooms, where wooden flooring may be less practical.
- Hard-wearing- Timber effect floor tiles are incredibly hard wearing. Available in porcelain, these tiles are less likely to be marked or stained than hardwood or laminate flooring. In fact, wooden flooring is often easily scratched when moving furniture. Timber effect floor tiles do not have this disadvantage.
- Low maintenance- These tiles are also incredibly low maintenance. Hard wood floor can be difficult to maintain, keep clean, and keep looking like new. However, all your timber effect floor tiles need is a warm water mop from time to time.
- Versatile- Timber effect floor tiles are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, colours and patterns. As a result, they can be used to suit any space.
- Easy to replace- Timber effect floor tiles are rarely damaged. However, if you are unfortunate enough to damage or break one, you can simple replace the broken tile. This is much easier than removing one single piece of laminate or hardwood.
If you are looking for the aesthetic appeal of real wood flooring, without the maintenance and worry of stains or cracks, timber effect floor tiles could be perfect for you. Why not contact Preston’s leading tiling experts today, or visit us in store, here at Tiles 2 Go?