No products in the basket.
Once you have chosen your tiles, and installed them, the final step is to grout. But grouting is far from easy, and this means that a range of problems can arise, from a number of common grouting mistakes. So what are these mistakes? And how can you avoid them? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling professionals. From traditional to contemporary, we have a range of tiles suitable for homes of all styles and sizes. And this is our guide to help you avoid the most common grouting mistakes.
Common grouting mistakes
So what are the biggest mistakes when it comes to grouting? Well, there are several, including:
- Not using waterproof grout- While tiles are frequently used in places where moisture and water will be present, not all grout is waterproof. Over time, this could cause a lot of damage to your home, so its something worth paying extra attention to.
- Not waiting until the grout has set- You need to wait until the grout has set in place before you wipe away any excess grout off the tiles. This is because you will simply end up rubbing off the grout, leaving gouges.
- Waiting too long- However, it you wait too long the grout can dry on the tile potentially causing irreversible damage. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
- Walking on new grout- Once any grouting is completed, be sure to allow 24 to 72 hours of drying time. This is because, when a newly grouted surface is walked on before it has had time to completely dry, the grout can become uneven and dislodge itself from the joints.
- Getting the mix ratio wrong- Mixing grout with too much water can mean the grout will be runny and will not set fully, while not enough water can make the grout powdery and dry. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, as each brand has its own guidelines.
For more information or advice, or for high quality tiles for your next project, get in touch or take a look today, here at Tiles 2 Go.