Here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the important considerations for uneven edge wall tiling.
What is uneven edge wall tiling?
One of the latest tiling trends to emerge over the past year has been the use of uneven edges in wall tiling. This involves tiling the wall part way, say for a splash-back, but instead of finishing with a straight line or edge, the edge is deliberately uneven with an additional row in some places, and not others. This works for rectangular and square tiles, as well as shaped tiles like hexagons and triangles.
What are the considerations for uneven edge wall tiling?
There are a number of considerations to bear in mind when deciding to use this style of tiling. These include:
- The colour of the tiles- for this style of tiling, bold and bright colours can be a great option as the tiling style is sure to attract attention, and the bright colours can really turn this into a feature. However, if your space is not suitable for bright colours, or its not your preference, white, black or neutral colour tiles can all be successful.
- The rest of the wall- so because uneven edge tiling can be uneven vertical edges, leading up the wall, or horizontal uneven edges sticking out from the splash-back, you will need to decide how this will fit with the rest of the wall. Will you use other tiles here, or more effectively, will the res of the wall be plain and painted?
- Tile style- plain, patterned, and textured tiles can all be effective for this tiling trend, as well as shaped tiles too. Choose the tiles that will best suit your space and overall design style.
What are the benefits of uneven edge wall tiling?
Many homeowners and property developer are using this design trend for a number of reasons, including:
- Stunning visual effect- the biggest benefit of this style of tiling is the dramatic visual impact it can have on a space. Whether it’s your hallway, living room, kitchen or bathroom, uneven edge wall tiling can become an instant feature.
- Contemporary style– for any home or property with a contemporary style, this tiling trend matches perfectly. The uneven edges have a geometric pattern quality that can instantly update the look and feel of your kitchen.
For your latest project, why not take a look at our range of tiles, grouts and adhesives today, here at Tiles 2 Go?