Tiling is tricky no matter your experience level. Tiling on different surfaces, in a room you will use day in day out, is a task that requires precision, accuracy, and skill. Here at Tiles 2 Go, we understand that this can be a daunting prospect. As a result, we have produced this helpful guide to the do’s and don’t’s of tiling projects.
- Accurately measure the area. The trick to this tip is to measure precisely where you want to lay your tiles. This can help you estimate the amount of tiles you need. However, we recommend that you should always buy a few extra, in case of problems occurring. In addition, some tiles may need cutting to fit into tricky gaps. It certainly pays to be prepared in tiling projects.
- Equipment list. A checklist filled with the materials and tools you will need is essential. In tiling, some of the steps are time critical. This means that if you have to stop what you are doing, and head out for a tool, your project may be ruined.
- The practical needs of the room you are tiling need to be considered. For example, you may need waterproof grout for kitchens and bathrooms, and non slip tiles for floors. On the other hand, polished tiles would be great for the walls.
- Space out your tiles. Use tile spacers to make sure your tiles are spaced equally around your tiling area. This will create a much more professional finish that you can be proud of.
- Walk over the tiles while the adhesive is drying.
- Buy any old tiles that may not fit with your theme.
- Tile over water damage- you could make it worse!
Tiling projects can be tricky. Follow our do’s and donts for a better tiling experience and an improved finish quality. Take a look at our range of tiles today, or contact us at Tiles 2 Go, for any tiling help or advice.