As the first part of your home that any guests or visitors will see, the hallway is often a great choice for decorative and interesting tiling, as well as interior decor that can really set the tone for the rest of your home. Tiling in the hallway is also a really practical and functional option, as it can be easily cleaned of rainwater, dirt and mud, unlike a carpet. But have you considered using geometric tiling to transform your hallway? And what are the advantages of this type of tiling? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling experts. From contemporary tiles to traditional, patterned and textured tiles, we stock a range of tiles suitable for a variety of tiling projects. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about geometric hallway tiles.
What is geometric tiling?
Geometric tiling can cover a couple of different tiling options, including:
- Using tiles with a geometric pattern- when applied, these patterns will join across and between the tiles, creating a fantastic overall mural effect.
- Using shaped tiles- tile shapes such as hexagons and triangles, naturally create an effective and geometric visual feature because of the shape positions and outlines.
- Using tiles to create a geometric pattern- using some tiles, you can apply these in a way that allows larger bolder geometric patterns to stand out. This usually involves using two colours of subway tile, to create large hexagonal or shaped feature tiling.
Using geometric tiling to transform your hallway
So, how can you use geometric tiling to really add quality and visual design to your hallway? Well, geometric tiling can be used to:
- Create a visual feature- whether you opt for the floor or the wall, geometric tiling can really create a stunning and attractive visual design feature.
- Create a path through the house- using geometric tiles and patterns to guide a floor path through the entrance to your home is a popular choice for many homeowners and property developers.
For advice, or ideas, why not get in touch today, here at Tiles 2 Go. Alternatively, if you are ready to begin your new tiling project, why not take a look at what we have to offer online?