No products in the basket.
Here at Tiles 2 Go, we know just how important it is to get your tiling right. But once all the tiling is completed, you need to grout. This can be a real make or break moment. Professional grouting can make your tiling not only look amazing, but be more waterproof, durable and resistant. Poor grouting leaves your tiles open to water damage, chips, and wear and tear. Avoid this fate and follow our professional grouting top tips.
– If you are tiling a bathroom or kitchen, mix an additive in the grout to increase the water resistance. As a result, any spills or leaks wont cause you a huge or expensive tiling problem. You should mix the additive in before grouting begins.
– Don’t start grouting until your tile adhesive is dry. This is because your tiles may not be set securely, and you could move your tiles, ruining all your hard work. We recommend waiting the specific duration set by the manufacturers of the tile adhesive.
– Make sure the grout has the perfect consistency. It should be similar to toothpaste so that you can apply it effectively. Add water first and mix in the powdered grout following the instructions. This is the point where you should mix in any additives you will need
– Use a diagonal grout application technique. This means pressing the grout diagonally into the grout lines with a grout float. This can help to avoid uneven or bumpy areas of grout.
– Make sure all of the grout is fully dry before you clean. Otherwise you run the risk of accidentally removing grout from your grout lines, and needing to reapply. This can make your finished product look messy and uneven. When it is fully dry, use a clean, damp sponge, diagonally across the tiles to remove excess grout.
Once you have completed your grouting, you can enjoy the view. But you should consider re-grouting in the future. This can freshen up your room and make your tiling look new again. Use a grout saw, or an electric grout remover to get rid of the existing grout and scrape it out. Once it is removed, wash the lines with a damp cloth to remove dirt and debris, and follow the tips again.
For all your tiling needs, visit us online or in store, at Tiles 2 Go.