Due to their timeless and adaptable appearance, metro tiles are a popular option for kitchen and bathroom remodelling. Originally used in tube and train stations, they may today offer a sense of sophistication and elegance to any area. But what are the most stylish layout options for metro tiles?
What are the most stylish layout options for metro tiles?
When it comes to designing a stylish layout for metro tiles, there are several options to choose from. These include:
- Herringbone- By arranging the tiles diagonally in a V pattern, this layout produces an amazing visual impact. The end effect is a timeless, classic appearance that suits both traditional and modern settings.
- Stacked- The stacking pattern, which includes arranging the tiles in a straight, vertical or horizontal line, is the most straightforward layout choice. This is a sleek and contemporary style that fits in well with modern settings.
- Brickbond- The brickbond pattern involves arranging the tiles diagonally, much like the herringbone arrangement, however this time they are stacked on top of one another rather than being arranged in a V pattern. This produces a more understated, elegant appearance while still enhancing visual interest.
- Basketweave- To produce a weaving look, this arrangement alternates sets of two tiles. The end result is a distinctive, textured appearance that fits in well with more conventional or rustic settings.
- Vertical Stack- This is a simple but effective way to add interest to a room. Simply stack the tiles vertically instead of horizontally. This can create an elongated effect, making the room appear taller than it is.
- Diagonal- If you want to add a touch of drama to your space, consider laying the tiles diagonally. This creates a striking, geometric pattern that adds visual interest and draws the eye.
For more information or advice, or for high quality tiles for your latest project, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Tiles 2 Go. We are Preston’s leading tiling experts and we have a wide range of options to choose from, to suit any home, in any style.