No products in the basket.
Creating a full feature wall in the kitchen can be a great option for any kitchen, no matter which style. Contemporary, rustic, farmhouse, or traditional kitchens can all benefit from a visual feature or focal point. And wall tiles can be very effective for achieving this. But how do you know which tiles to choose? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling experts, and we help home owners and property developers make the right tiling choices. As a result, we have produced this guide to tiling options for kitchen feature walls.
Tiling options for kitchen feature walls
When thinking about the tiling options for kitchen feature walls, there are some common ideas that can help. These include:
- Choosing the right colours – the tiles should stand out from the tiling in the kitchen, but not clash with the rest of the colour scheme. Using the kitchens secondary colour is often a good idea.
- Choosing the right tiling layout- different tiling layouts suit different style kitchen. Choose the layout that best matches your kitchen style.
- Choosing the right size tiles- large format tiles can be very effective in larger spaces, while small format tiles can add a level of detail and intricacy to the kitchen wall tiling.
Choosing the right tiles to create a feature wall in a traditional kitchen, will be different to those searching for contemporary tiles. So here is a rough guide to help you make the right decisions:
- Traditional kitchen feature walls- in a traditional kitchen, you could use patterned tiles, or tiles in an intricate layout to create your feature wall. This would suit the traditional theme, with the additional intricacies that make up the rest of the kitchen design.
- Contemporary kitchen feature walls- for contemporary kitchens, you should consider using plain tiles, that are more visually interesting. Fro example shaped tiles, like hexagons, or grid tiling with contrasting grout colours.
Why not take a look at our range of tiles today, here at Tiles 2 Go?