When it comes to flooring in the living areas of contemporary homes, more and more home owners and property developers are opting for tiles. Typically these are timber effect floor tiles. But what are the advantages of this type of flooring? And why are timber effect floor tiles for contemporary living rooms so popular? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about timber effect floor tiles.
What are the advantages of timber effect floor tiles for contemporary living rooms?
So, why should you think about timber effect floor tiles for your contemporary living space? Well, there are a number of advantages to this type of flooring, including:
- Stylish- timber effect floor tiles are designed to look just like hardwood floor, so you can have the same stunning aesthetic effect, without the additional maintenance.
- Easy to look after- unlike real wood floors, your tiles will not need treating, and will be much lower maintenance
- Waterproof- tiles are naturally waterproof, so if you spill red wine on the floor tiles, you wont cause damage or staining, like you would expect with a real wood floor.
- Range of layout options- timber effect floor tiles can be applied in a range of layouts, including herringbone layouts and basket weave layouts, as well as straight lay. This means that you can create different visual effects, depending on your own preferences.
- Range of colour options- timber effect floor tiles are available in a variety of colour options, including different shades of brown, beige, cream, grey and blue. This means that your floor tiles can complement your interior colour scheme, as well as create a stylish visual space.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at Tiles 2 Go.