To add character, style and visual interest to your kitchen, a feature wall can be a great addition. But choosing the right tiles to complete this look can be more difficult than you might think. From tiling colours, to shapes and layouts, there are a number of effective ways to create a stunning feature wall using tiles. Another option involves using patterned tiles for a kitchen feature wall. But are patterned tiles effective for the kitchen? And how can you choose the right tiles for your design scheme? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we are Preston’s leading tiling professionals. From hallways to conservatories, kitchens to bathrooms, we stock a range of effective tiles to suit any room in any home. And this is our guide to patterned tiles and kitchen feature walls.
Why choose patterned tiles?
Are patterned tiles a good choice for the kitchen? Well, here at Tiles 2 Go, we think so. Feature walls that use patterned tiling can expect a range of benefits, including:
- Adding visual interest and drawing attention
- Adding individuality and character to your kitchen space, so you can put your stamp on your home.
- Pattern styles vary from floral or traditional to abstract and geometric. So whether your kitchen is contemporary or traditional, patterned tiles can suit your design scheme.
Considerations for using patterned tiles for a kitchen feature wall
There are some considerations for using patterned tiles effectively, to achieve the desired result. These include:
- Considering the colour choice- from monochrome patterns to full colour, there are a range of options available. You will need to choose colours that match your overall colour scheme, as well as your design style. Also, patterned tiles that are too dark can make your kitchen feel smaller and darker. So lighter tones are usually better for smaller kitchens.
- Considering the pattern style- typically floral designs and moorish designs will suit a traditional kitchen or a rustic kitchen, while abstract geometric tiles will be better suited to a contemporary space.
Why not take a look at our range of tiles today, here at Tiles 2 Go?